I’m a gadget girl. I have to
hide store purchases in my an extra closet because I ran out of room in the kitchen. Don’t call Hoarders yet. I’ve used everything I purchased at least 5 times. Okay with the exception of my airbrush — okay don’t judge me.
With the creation of 3-D printing it opened up a wormhole of artists creating custom cookie cutters. While goofing on Etsy I discovered WarpZone Prints.
I can easily lose a week’s pay shopping here. Although I bookmarked many items; I settled on the Doctor Who collection and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cookie cutter (naturally).
|Take My MONEY!!!|
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups super-fine sugar (or use granulated sugar and put it in a blender for 30 seconds – this reduces the chance of the dough cracking)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (don’t use fat free)
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (original recipe calls for 1tsp of baking powder as well. I leave that out – the cookies don’t rise as much as retain more of their shape)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla, and Greek yogurt. Blend in dry ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll dough to desired thickness (I prefer 1/2 inch).
- Cut into shapes. Place cookies on un-greased cookie sheet, lined with either parchment paper or a Silpat.
This recipe yields approximately 20-25 medium cookies.
Bake approximately 16-20 minutes, depending on cookie size.
|Tasty Little Killing Machines|
|WarpZone Cookie Cutters|