Celebrate Back to School and Help the Environment with Russbe™ Re-Use-A-Pop
My wine mom and wine auntie friends love kids, but do you know what they also love? Wine, peace and quiet. So when I heard about Russbe’s™ Reusable Popsicle Bags the first thing I thought of was Wine Ice Pops.
It’s still the tail end of summer, but Philly’s heat is going full strength. I challenged my wine loving friends to beat the heat and take off the edge with a blueberry (can’t beat those antioxidants) and Prosecco frozen combination.
Don’t worry about spills during traveling because the zip seal keeps contents in. Simply use, wash, dry thoroughly and use again.
Here’s one of my favorite (and easy) frozen delights.
Blueberry Prosecco Popsicles (Mommy’s Quiet Time Treat)
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups of Prosecco
- Special equipment: food processor, cheesecloth, and Russbe’s Reusable Popsicle Bags
- Simmer blueberries, sugar, and water in a heavy saucepan, stirring occasionally, until blueberries burst.
- Let cool.
- Purée with lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Strain the juice through the cheesecloth.
- Add Prosecco (drink the rest while waiting).
- Pour into Russbe’s Reusable Popsicle Bags and freeze until harden about 45 minutes.
Of course, you can eliminate the Prosecco and replace it with a fruit juice for kids. Don’t forget to label the grown up version versus the kiddie version!
The Reusable Popsicle Bags comes in 12 bags in a pack for $6.99. You can enjoy pops throughout the rest of the summer and look forward to using them again next year. Use your imagination to make your own tasty favorites.
Photo and story by The Pastry Prophet